Now, I thought I was organised before, but little did I know that there was more organisation to be found with TrekPak! Their insert and pin system is much less bulky than the original Peli foam inserts, and the removable pins and cutter tool allow you to organise to YOUR gear needs, and make changes as your gear grows. I own a pretty standard amount of gear, but had already reached my space limit with my existing layout, and it also wasn't very neat. I'm all for neatness and using every inch of space efficiently, so getting my hands on a TrekPak was exactly what I needed and I couldn't wait to get building and organising!
TREKPAK 1510 KIT CONTENTS:
2 perimeter pieces
2 18" dividers
2 15" dividers
20 red pull tabs
Top + bottom foam
HOW TO ASSEMBLE YOUR TREKPAK INSERT:
1. Empty your Peli case of your kit and existing insert.
2. Insert the bottom foam into your case and the top foam if you do not have anything there - In my case I have an organiser fitted into the lid of the case, so I do not need to use the top foam.
2. Assemble the outer perimeter of the insert and slot it into your case, making sure you put a pin in where the two pieces join.
3. Arrange your gear in your case, placing a divider between things to check that there's space for you insert the dividers later once they have been cut to the correct size.
4. Once you have created the layout you want, measure your divider lengths (from the inside of the perimeter pieces). MOST IMPORTANTLY - MEASURE TWICE, CUT ONCE.
5. With your measurements to hand, use the cutter tool to cut your dividers down to size, and slot them in place as you go along to make sure they fit.
6. Once all of your dividers are cut to size and in your case, attach the red pull tabs to pins (DO NOT FORGET THESE), and put a pin at every place that the dividers meet to secure them in place.
7. Now that your insert is assembled, put your gear back into your case and marvel at your organised glory!
If you need video assistance, you can watch a handy guide HERE!
Assembling the insert is very simple and allows for so many kit combinations. My kit fits a hundred times better and i'd say that I have increased my space by about 15%, allowing me to add more items than I had before. I even have a spare divider, so if I do need to change the layout in the future, I can do so. But do not worry, as your kit grows you can purchase more pins and dividers pieces HERE. Now that I have kitted out my 1510, i'm thinking of doing the same to my rucksack and living the full TrekPak life! (Rucksack systems can be bought HERE)
Thank you so much to Peli UK for sending me the TrekPak kit, it has truly revolutionised my photography life!